I want to be happy.
To laugh heartily to jokes
To sing cheesy tunes like ABBA
To stick all the pretty things I've collected into colourful scrapbooks like a first grader
To wake up with a glorious lion mane and still feel gorgeous like Eva Longaria
To look into the mirror and see a brave little superhero girl zapping monsters into the Kuiper Belt
To dream beyond the cramp office cubicle to a world where the happiest is the richest
To whip up bold and wild dreams even when I'm feeling deflated and out of hope
To burst into spontaneous joy and sing pop-pop-pop
To scribble sudden inspirations into a tattered notebook in the deep faith that one day, a great business model will grow from the humble book
To watch soap drama and idolise the male lead like a dozen other giddy girls
To start exercising again and dash to the weighing scale
(You know, suck in your stomach, hold your breathe, and stand gingerly)
I want a cheery tune in my heart.
I want to jump into a walk-in fireproof vault, paint the inside walls sky-blue, block up the door, and pretend I'm in heaven.
I just wanna be happy.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment